Monday, February 8, 2010

Burned Fabric Flowers




Happy Monday Everyone. I seen this on Jill's blog and decided to give it a whirl. What fun. To make the flowers you cut out various sized circles from fabric, burn the edges of the fabric, sew the circles together and add a decorative button to the center. So simple... I used a candle to burn the fabric and tongs to hold the fabric. I had a wet rag handy to extinguish the flames. It is fun to experiment with different types of fabric, some just melt while others are very flammable, so be careful. I used 14 circles of fabric for each flower. Make your first fabric circle around 4 inches. Cut additional circles of fabric slightly smaller than the previous circle. Have fun...

Keep On Junking
Nora

6 comments:

  1. Nora, how clever! love it! I may just have to try it.
    thanks for stopping by.
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    I'm going to have to way my options on this one though b/c I'm a bit of a fire bug lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out beautiful!!! Are you going to wear them? sell them? give them as gifts? or (like me) let them sit in my sewing room to look at for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - I am doing the same. I am going to let them sit in my sewing room to look at...... Too Funny....

    Keep On Junking
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. yours are gorgeous! i need more colors......and candles :D

    kudzu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments.