Friday, March 11, 2011

Upcycled Birdhouse

The weather is slowly getting warmer a sure sign that spring is on its way. A great time to upcycle a cute little birdhouse.

For my pallet I used a metal birdhouse I found at my local thrift store. My goal was to completely cover the house with bits and pieces of just about anything I could find. I used sequins, buttons, earrings, a watch face, beads, sea glass, broken dishes, glass globs and aquarium rocks.

I started by covering the house front. I used cheap school glue for the light weight items, for the heavy items I used Wellbond.


Once the front was completely covered I let it dry before moving on the sides, back and roof. I found it helped to prop the house up and keep it level when working. I really loved the way it turned out, my birdhouse with bits and pieces.


Have a great week, and remember to:

Recycle, Reimagine, Repurpose, Reuse.

Until Next Time......
Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments.